Backcountry 35L Pannier Kit
The Backcountry pannier is our flagship product, designed for long-distance adventure touring, hardcore enduro-style riding, and camping from your bike.
With bomb-proof construction and heavy-duty materials, these bags can really take a beating. Our quick-mount wedge system makes it easy to take the panniers on/off the bike so you can store them in your tent or have them by the fire without wrestling with straps.
Six side compression straps enable you to expand or compress the volume for different trip lengths. The front beavertail and rear pocket provide plenty of quick-stash spots for things that you need quick access to, like tools, tubes, or rain gear.
The removable internal drybag features a separate closure system, and is made from 22 oz PVC with welded seam construction, so your belongings always stay completely dry no matter how much abuse the outer bag takes. And with the unique MOLLE expansion system (large and small sizes available), you can add capacity as needed, and store all your fluids (gas, water, camp fuel) outside the drybag. Think of it like a backpacking frame pack for your bike.
This is the premier luggage system for long distance or international touring.
- two panniers (right/left) with frames
- two mounting wedges
- a hardware pack (8 aluminum pucks, 8 washers, and 16 6mm screws).
Wedge-Mount Compatibility Note: In July 2016, we switched the backcountry pannier wedge and frame from machined HDPE to molded glass-filled nylon. The new wedge/frame are not compatible with the old version. To determine which wedge/frame you have, check on the back of the wedge. If it is flat & smooth, that's HDPE. If it has an inset honeycomb pattern, that's molded nylon. We have extra wedges and frames of both materials in stock available for order by special request.
Cutout Pannier Rack Note: Bikes with stock racks and a pannier exhaust cutout (like the R1200GSA or F800GSA for example) require an additional adapter. Check the 'Hardware & Parts' section of our site, or email us with questions.
Pannier Size & Exhaust Offset Note: We previously offered the Backcountry Pannier in a 35L and 25L size, and had an exhaust offset option as well. At the moment we only offer a symmetrical 35L pannier kit. Using the side compression straps on the Backcountry 35L pannier, it is possible to reduce the volume of the exhaust-side pannier to 25L.
- 35 Liter capacity per side bag (70L total capacity for the set)
- Wedge mounting system made from glass-filled Nylon for one click on/off mounting and removal from bike.
- High quality powder coated steel rotary draw attachment latches.
- Removable interior liner made from 22oz PVC material with welded seams, for a 100% waterproof seal.
- Front compression buckles made from aluminum not plastic, so they won’t break in a crash.
- Front/Rear panels made from 22oz PVC material for easy washing, extra water resistance, and abrasion resistance.
- Side panels made from Ballistic Nylon material. Roll tops made from high quality ripstop material for easy, compact rolling.
- Front beavertail provides even load compression, total abrasion protection, and can be peeled back from the bag for easy sewn repairs. It’s also a very convenient spot to tuck things throughout the day, like a wet rainfly, rain jacket, garbage, ice, etc.
- Rear roll-top external pocket is perfect for tools, spare tubes, tire levers, or air pump. Things you need quick access to throughout the day without digging through your pannier. Fits two 1L fuel bottles or a 2L Dromedary bag.
- Front and bottom MOLLE panels for quick attachment/removal of MOLLE accessories such as hydration bladder, extra storage, fuel bottles, etc. Easily add additional water, fuel, or tool storage via optional MOLLE compatible accessories. Molle panels on the 35L are triple-strip (fits our large MOLLE pouch).
- Quickly locks closed and to the bike via out Steelcore Locking Straps.
- 4 side compression straps, 1 bottom compression strap, and 1 large top compression strap, plus a roll-top closure, for superior compression/expansion capabilities.
- High quality aluminum mounting pucks will fit almost any existing pannier rack up to 20mm diameter whether square or round. Tested racks include Touratech, Happy Trails, Hepco Becker, Andy Strapz, and Wolfman.
- Internal front and rear stiffeners so the bag holds it’s shape and will not sag, even under a heavy load.
- Stainless steel mounting hardware.
- Check the Fitment Page for rack questions, and please email us if your rack is not listed.
- Length: 20" top to bottom (can be extended significantly with roll top)
- Width: 15" main body, 18" with rear pocket
- Thickness: 8" (35L)
- Weight: Approx 9.0 lbs with all hardware (per bag)
I love the ethos of Mosko Moto. Like in the video where they state (and I paraphrase liberally ): “if we had a choice between strength and weight we chose strength, since a failure out on the trail sucks more than saving a few grams.) Quality and excellence throughout. Love it.
I have a couple of bikes. I started dual spot riding 4 years ago and purchased a sum soft bags from a different company and found I liked the the soft bags for the riding I was doing. Lots of fire roads and trails. Last year I purchased a KTM 950 and wanted a bigger set of bags and something a bit more durable. During a trip to the Yukon last summer I met a couple of riders using the Mosko bags and was very impressed with them. So when I returned home I started doing sum more research and decided to purchase a set for my self. The price was a consideration but as I am planning on using these bags for many years. When considering the cost of sume of the other options on the market that would even be close to a comparable product I thought the value was very good. It was the best choice for me. The versatility of the mounting system means I will be taking them with me to my next bike. The quality of material and workmanship that goes into Mosko products is far superior to any other I have seen. Also the ability to purchase external storage pouches and the meny different points to ty things on to these bags is a huge plus as we’ll. I received the 35L panniers and a 40L backcountry duffle a few days back and spent a bunch of time examining them. I am positive that the Mosko bags are the best on the market. I have not had them out on a trip yet because me are still cuverd with snow in British Columbia. I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend the Mosko Moto product to eny one who’s interested in adventure riding to just wants a product that will last a very long time. Thanks for the great product
These are the best most thought out bags on the market, everything from quality to functionality to look is superb! Install was simple. I got the 35L panniers and a 40L duffle for my 2018 GS 1200 and I couldn't be happier. Looking forward to the few trips I have planned for this year that will put them to good use.
Then there is customer service.......these guys rock, Sarah was extremely pleasant and helpful, the shipping was quick and communication was top notch! Well done guys, appreciate everything. - "PITAFRANK"
6-7 drops in the sand !!
Mosko’s are simply bullet proof
I put way too much in the bags, I won’t do that again.
Simply put,Mosko’s are the cats pajamas as far as moto gear goes!!!!