Backcountry 35L Pannier Kit
The Backcountry pannier is our flagship product, designed for long-distance adventure touring, hardcore enduro-style riding, and camping from your bike.
With bomb-proof construction and heavy-duty materials, these bags can really take a beating. Our quick-mount wedge system makes it easy to take the panniers on/off the bike so you can store them in your tent or have them by the fire without wrestling with straps.
Six side compression straps enable you to expand or compress the volume for different trip lengths. The front beavertail and rear pocket provide plenty of quick-stash spots for things that you need quick access to, like tools, tubes, or rain gear.
The removable internal drybag features a separate closure system, and is made from 22 oz PVC with welded seam construction, so your belongings always stay completely dry no matter how much abuse the outer bag takes. And with the unique MOLLE expansion system (large and small sizes available), you can add capacity as needed, and store all your fluids (gas, water, camp fuel) outside the drybag. Think of it like a backpacking frame pack for your bike.
This is the premier luggage system for long distance or international touring.
- two panniers (right/left) with frames
- two mounting wedges
- a hardware pack (8 aluminum pucks, 8 washers, and 16 6mm screws).
Wedge-Mount Compatibility Note: In July 2016, we switched the backcountry pannier wedge and frame from machined HDPE to molded glass-filled nylon. The new wedge/frame are not compatible with the old version. To determine which wedge/frame you have, check on the back of the wedge. If it is flat & smooth, that's HDPE. If it has an inset honeycomb pattern, that's molded nylon. We have extra wedges and frames of both materials in stock available for order by special request.
Cutout Pannier Rack Note: Bikes with stock racks and a pannier exhaust cutout (like the R1200GSA or F800GSA for example) require an additional adapter. Check the 'Hardware & Parts' section of our site, or email us with questions.
Pannier Size & Exhaust Offset Note: We previously offered the Backcountry Pannier in a 35L and 25L size, and had an exhaust offset option as well. At the moment we only offer a symmetrical 35L pannier kit. Using the side compression straps on the Backcountry 35L pannier, it is possible to reduce the volume of the exhaust-side pannier to 25L.
- 35 Liter capacity per side bag (70L total capacity for the set)
- Wedge mounting system made from glass-filled Nylon for one click on/off mounting and removal from bike.
- High quality powder coated steel rotary draw attachment latches.
- Removable interior liner made from 22oz PVC material with welded seams, for a 100% waterproof seal.
- Front compression buckles made from aluminum not plastic, so they won’t break in a crash.
- Front/Rear panels made from 22oz PVC material for easy washing, extra water resistance, and abrasion resistance.
- Side panels made from Ballistic Nylon material. Roll tops made from high quality ripstop material for easy, compact rolling.
- Front beavertail provides even load compression, total abrasion protection, and can be peeled back from the bag for easy sewn repairs. It’s also a very convenient spot to tuck things throughout the day, like a wet rainfly, rain jacket, garbage, ice, etc.
- Rear roll-top external pocket is perfect for tools, spare tubes, tire levers, or air pump. Things you need quick access to throughout the day without digging through your pannier. Fits two 1L fuel bottles or a 2L Dromedary bag.
- Front and bottom MOLLE panels for quick attachment/removal of MOLLE accessories such as hydration bladder, extra storage, fuel bottles, etc. Easily add additional water, fuel, or tool storage via optional MOLLE compatible accessories. Molle panels on the 35L are triple-strip (fits our large MOLLE pouch).
- Quickly locks closed and to the bike via out Steelcore Locking Straps.
- 4 side compression straps, 1 bottom compression strap, and 1 large top compression strap, plus a roll-top closure, for superior compression/expansion capabilities.
- High quality aluminum mounting pucks will fit almost any existing pannier rack up to 20mm diameter whether square or round. Tested racks include Touratech, Happy Trails, Hepco Becker, Andy Strapz, and Wolfman.
- Internal front and rear stiffeners so the bag holds it’s shape and will not sag, even under a heavy load.
- Stainless steel mounting hardware.
- Check the Fitment Page for rack questions, and please email us if your rack is not listed.
- Length: 20" top to bottom (can be extended significantly with roll top)
- Width: 15" main body, 18" with rear pocket
- Thickness: 8" (35L)
- Weight: Approx 9.0 lbs with all hardware (per bag)
Fast shipping and perfect fitment on a Touratech rack. Unfortunately its winter here in Netherlands so I could just do a small ride. The bike handles perfect with the Pannierkit. Not you’re fault but the European importtaxes are a bloody shame! Something should be done about it. Next time I’m going to order when I’m in the US.
The versatility of these bags is amazing. With the molle system and beavertail you can do so much with it. I spent hours and hours researching all the luggage options and I am 100% satisfied with my choice. Never going back to Givi hard cases. I can confirm that the bags take no damage when dropping an Africa twin on them. Twice I have several friends who are now going to be customers as well. I can also confirm puck fitment on Givi AT quick release racks.
Just got my BC 35’s and mounted them on Tusk racks. As advertised, install was easy and the setup is rock solid. I went back and forth for quite a while trying to decide between hard cases or the Mosko 35’s. Glad I went this route. These things are definitely well made and the mounting system is well thought out. I’m not sure how sturdy the mounting plate on the racks will be if I dump the bike without the bags installed, so when I’m running no bags I’ll probably take off the plates. No big deal. I only run bags on long trips anyway. So far, I have the Scout 25 Duffle, the Nomad Tank Bag, and the BC’s. All great stuff. Thanks for the quick service and the Black Friday love!
Just mounted my Backcountry 35 panniers on Touratech pannier racks on a new ‘19 R1250GS! Install of the wedge mounts was an easy 10-15 minutes. I will tell you that this is a solid, bomber pannier setup. I received my Mosko gear only a few days after ordering — I live in the Northwest. Upon receipt, the quality design, material and build exceeded my expectations completely. There’s snow on the ground now so have not had a chance to put the gear to use, but I have no doubt it will be the best. I am so glad I didn’t buy hard cans. Anyone considering new luggage — you can’t go wrong with Mosko! You will thank yourself for the decision!
I have no idea if these things are waterproof yet, but they fucking look great on my bike!