Backcountry 35L Pannier Kit
The Backcountry pannier is our flagship product, designed for long-distance adventure touring, hardcore enduro-style riding, and camping from your bike.
With bomb-proof construction and heavy-duty materials, these bags can really take a beating. Our quick-mount wedge system makes it easy to take the panniers on/off the bike so you can store them in your tent or have them by the fire without wrestling with straps.
Six side compression straps enable you to expand or compress the volume for different trip lengths. The front beavertail and rear pocket provide plenty of quick-stash spots for things that you need quick access to, like tools, tubes, or rain gear.
The removable internal drybag features a separate closure system, and is made from 22 oz PVC with welded seam construction, so your belongings always stay completely dry no matter how much abuse the outer bag takes. And with the unique MOLLE expansion system (large and small sizes available), you can add capacity as needed, and store all your fluids (gas, water, camp fuel) outside the drybag. Think of it like a backpacking frame pack for your bike.
This is the premier luggage system for long distance or international touring.
- two panniers (right/left) with frames
- two mounting wedges
- a hardware pack (8 aluminum pucks, 8 washers, and 16 6mm screws).
Wedge-Mount Compatibility Note: In July 2016, we switched the backcountry pannier wedge and frame from machined HDPE to molded glass-filled nylon. The new wedge/frame are not compatible with the old version. To determine which wedge/frame you have, check on the back of the wedge. If it is flat & smooth, that's HDPE. If it has an inset honeycomb pattern, that's molded nylon. We have extra wedges and frames of both materials in stock available for order by special request.
Cutout Pannier Rack Note: Bikes with stock racks and a pannier exhaust cutout (like the R1200GSA or F800GSA for example) require an additional adapter. Check the 'Hardware & Parts' section of our site, or email us with questions.
Pannier Size & Exhaust Offset Note: We previously offered the Backcountry Pannier in a 35L and 25L size, and had an exhaust offset option as well. At the moment we only offer a symmetrical 35L pannier kit. Using the side compression straps on the Backcountry 35L pannier, it is possible to reduce the volume of the exhaust-side pannier to 25L.
- 35 Liter capacity per side bag (70L total capacity for the set)
- Wedge mounting system made from glass-filled Nylon for one click on/off mounting and removal from bike.
- High quality powder coated steel rotary draw attachment latches.
- Removable interior liner made from 22oz PVC material with welded seams, for a 100% waterproof seal.
- Front compression buckles made from aluminum not plastic, so they won’t break in a crash.
- Front/Rear panels made from 22oz PVC material for easy washing, extra water resistance, and abrasion resistance.
- Side panels made from Ballistic Nylon material. Roll tops made from high quality ripstop material for easy, compact rolling.
- Front beavertail provides even load compression, total abrasion protection, and can be peeled back from the bag for easy sewn repairs. It’s also a very convenient spot to tuck things throughout the day, like a wet rainfly, rain jacket, garbage, ice, etc.
- Rear roll-top external pocket is perfect for tools, spare tubes, tire levers, or air pump. Things you need quick access to throughout the day without digging through your pannier. Fits two 1L fuel bottles or a 2L Dromedary bag.
- Front and bottom MOLLE panels for quick attachment/removal of MOLLE accessories such as hydration bladder, extra storage, fuel bottles, etc. Easily add additional water, fuel, or tool storage via optional MOLLE compatible accessories. Molle panels on the 35L are triple-strip (fits our large MOLLE pouch).
- Quickly locks closed and to the bike via out Steelcore Locking Straps.
- 4 side compression straps, 1 bottom compression strap, and 1 large top compression strap, plus a roll-top closure, for superior compression/expansion capabilities.
- High quality aluminum mounting pucks will fit almost any existing pannier rack up to 20mm diameter whether square or round. Tested racks include Touratech, Happy Trails, Hepco Becker, Andy Strapz, and Wolfman.
- Internal front and rear stiffeners so the bag holds it’s shape and will not sag, even under a heavy load.
- Stainless steel mounting hardware.
- Check the Fitment Page for rack questions, and please email us if your rack is not listed.
- Length: 20" top to bottom (can be extended significantly with roll top)
- Width: 15" main body, 18" with rear pocket
- Thickness: 8" (35L)
- Weight: Approx 9.0 lbs with all hardware (per bag)
Ordered it to Germany. Picked it up at the customs. Great quality. Looking forward to the first ride.
I have the Backcountry 35L Pannier bags mounted to my 2017 Africa Twin. I received the bags and two days later embarked on a trip around the Great Lakes. Had good weather but expect these bags to be waterproof when the time comes. They are totally bulletproof! Mounting to my Givi rack was straight forward bit did take a little shimming on the left side as the rack was not designed for a top mounting bag and it wouldn't quite clear the hand rail. No fault of the bags though and I highly recommend.
These bags are tough, well made, well designed... after using them for a while on a few trips, and random rides/commutes around MT, they are clearly made by those who use them! Functional options that you'd want, no useless crap that you don't, materials/stitching that'll keep it together for many miles to come. They're even super useful for running some errands, or getting groceries (hey, not every ride involves instagram, haha).
I love picking apart outdoor gear design, and can usually find shortcuts or shortcomings. But I haven't been able to on these. Glad I decided to pony up and invest in these instead of get some of the cheaper alternatives.
So far these are hands down the best Panniers I’ve ever owned. Like most of us riders, I researched every option possible. Didn’t matter what country they came from or what I had to do to get them I just wanted the best functioning and bomb proof system around. In my opinion these are the best available.
I’ve had Zega Pro’s, Sw Motech and Givi hard cases, but after the struggles of leaking, constant beating them back into shape ( I spend a lot of time off the beaten path, my bikes like to fall down a lot, haha), broken mounts, pucks you name it. It was time to go the soft panniers and I wanted ones I could easily remove but also mounted as solid as hard cases and be able to expand them with molle pouches if needed. I’ve put these through some rough single track in the Colorado High Country, rain, dust, mud, high speed HWY. They have exceeded my expections 10 fold.
I’m tKing them to Baja in two weeks for a try beating and I know they will probably out last me and the bike.
Mosko Moto gear takes down backcountry Montana! Wonderful products, awesome design and tough as nails! Efficient layout and they look great too! I couldn't be happier and I will most definitely be buying more Mosko Moto Gear! A+