Backcountry 30L Duffle/Pack
The Backcountry Duffle is available in two sizes, a 40L version and a 30L version. This moto-duffle does it all: it's a duffle, a backpack, and a quick-stash spot during the day. It's a way to keep your wet jacket separate from your dry sleeping bag. It serves as a clean food prep surface next to the campfire and a convenient tool tray for roadside field repairs.
Use it as a travel bag on fly-to-ride trips (it fits the airline carry-on restrictions).If you break down, this bag has real-deal backpack straps that deploy from a hidden rear pocket, which will make your hike-out a whole lot easier. The beavertails are extremely helpful for expanding/contracting the volume of the bag, and the double-ended roll-top makes it really easy to get at your belongings during the day.
Inside the beavertail there's a mesh pocket for wet/dry items (like a toothbrush), a document pocket which works great for maps, or for your bike documents and passport. The document pocket is especially helpful at border crossings where you have to stop at multiple customs offices on both sides of the border. Remove the document pocket, take it inside the customs office with you, then when you're done, put it back inside the beavertail and ride over to the next office. That way you can collect all the country specific paperwork in one spot.
If you need to transport your gear somewhere in a single trip, put the Backcountry Duffle on your back, grab a pannier with each hand, and you're mobile. The Backcountry Duffle uses the same double-layer construction and removable liner as our Backcountry Pannier, so it'll always be 100% waterproof even after years of exposure to abrasion and campfire sparks.
The Backcountry Duffle also includes a separate 20L Drysak bag, which can be used to keep dirty/wet items (like shoes or towels) separate from your other belongings.
Connection Strap Note: For pavement and graded road riding, virtually any kind of connection strap will work to attach this duffle to the bike. For rough, ungraded terrain or for long-distance, multi-month trips, we highly recommend the Backcountry Cinch Strap, which was designed specifically for this bag and this kind of travel. Whatever strap you choose, if you will be riding offroad, please avoid bungy cords, stretchable elastic straps, or straps with plastic side-release buckles. Even a simple cam buckle strap (like this one by DaKine) is better than elastic.
- Double-ended roll-top for easy access throughout the day without having to unstrap the duffle from the bike.
- Removable interior liner made from 22oz PVC material with welded seams, for a 100% waterproof seal.
- Zippered mesh pocket under one beavertail, with a removable clear map pocket under the other.
- Top panel made from 22oz PVC material for easy washing, excellent abrasion resistance, and extra water resistance.
- Double overlapping beavertail made from Ballistic Nylon for extreme abrasion resistance.
- 4 aluminum corner D-rings and a front daisy chain for quick attachment of straps and accessories.
- Beavertail features a unique through-strap mounting system, making it an ideal spot to tuck things throughout the day without having to get inside the bag. For example, a place to put your moto jacket when it gets too hot, or a place to stash a wet rainfly when camping.
- With side compression straps, two roll-tops, and a double overlapping beavertail, the duffle can be expanded and compressed significantly to accommodate different volume loads.
- Top beavertail MOLLE panel enables quick attachment/removal of MOLLE accessories such as hydration bladder, extra storage, fuel bottles, etc. Easily add additional water, fuel, or tool storage via optional MOLLE compatible accessories.
- Quick-stash backpack straps and a padded back panel for easy carrying. One carry handle at each end and also a mid-bag briefcase carry handle, too.
- Easily locks closed and locks to the bike with one of our Steelcore Locking Straps.
40 Liter Size:
- Length: 21" main body, 26" with misc straps (can be extended significantly with roll tops)
- Width: 16"
- Height: 10" (can be extended with beavertail)
30 Liter Size:
- Length: 18" main body, 24" with misc straps (can be extended significantly with roll tops)
- Width: 13"
- Height: 10" (can be extended with beavertail)
Weight: Approx 6.3 lbs
Love this bag. Got it to put all my tent camping gear. (rei 2 person dome, a jungle sleeping back and sleeping back silk liner, cot, camp chair, hammock, and poles. Plus ground tarp outside.) I also got the large bag to attach. That holds flash light and other odd items That are nice to have when seeing up tent. Wanted the 35l pannier but due my racks I went to their soft luggage. I due Jane the tank bag and used that for for trips this far and enjoy it for my needs. The best is worth buying.
Sturdy and slick looking! This was a gift for my husband and he loves it! He has used this on his motorcycle and while traveling.
I picked up the Backcountry 40L Duffle recently to go along with the Backcountry panniers - what a great bag! Just like everything else they make the build quality and design is fantastic. I'm able to fit my 2P backpacking tent, sleeping bag and pad all inside the dry bag with room for a few more odds and ends. As usual, they've thought of everything. The separate pocket for tent poles is cool because they are not cinched down under the straps that hold the bag on the bike so you don't have to worry about damaging them. Also nice is the fact that the bag opens on both ends so you can get into it from either side of the bike. Highly recommend this bag to anyone looking for a bit more storage on top of their bike.
Having recently received the 40l duffle and Nomad tank bag for Christmas I can say these bags are very well made. I watched most of the videos from the YouTube page and as described the 40l duffel is stiff initially after messing with the bag and doing some load outs it had loosened up some and continues to get easier to work with. I have not taken on a trip yet, winter here in north east Ohio, but I am convinced this bag will do everything I need it to and hold up over time, I would hesitate to purchase again and I am actually eyeing up the 35l panniers to complete my luggage/storage outfit
Thank you Mosko for making products like that. Recommended for everyone who plan mototrips. One thing I didn't notice that BACKCOUNTRY CINCH STRAP was not included so now I have bag, I also ordered steelcore locking strap BUT I don't have BACKCOUNTRY CINCH STRAP (not included and I didn't know that). And of course EU VAT is a pain. Hope some day Mosko Open shope in Europe so I can order more ;).