Backcountry 40L Duffle/Pack
The Backcountry Duffle is available in two sizes, a 40L version and a 30L version. This moto-duffle does it all: it's a duffle, a backpack, and a quick-stash spot during the day. It's a way to keep your wet jacket separate from your dry sleeping bag.It serves as a clean food prep surface next to the campfire and a convenient tool tray for roadside field repairs.
Use it as a travel bag on fly-to-ride trips (it fits the airline carry-on restrictions).If you break down, this bag has real-deal backpack straps that deploy from a hidden rear pocket, which will make your hike-out a whole lot easier. The beavertails are extremely helpful for expanding/contracting the volume of the bag, and the double-ended roll top makes it really easy to get at your belongings during the day.
Inside the beavertails there's a mesh pocket for wet/dry items (like a toothbrush), a document pocket which works great for maps, or for your bike documents and passport. The document pocket is especially helpful at border crossings where you have to stop at multiple customs offices on both sides of the border. Remove the document pocket, take it inside the customs office with you, then when you're done put it back inside the beavertail and ride over to the next office. That way you can collect all the country specific paperwork in a specific spot.
Also under the beavertail there's a special tent pole pocket so you can split your tent into its various components, making it so much easier to pack. The tent pole pocket also works great for a camp chair, fuel bottles, a fishing pole, etc.
If you need to transport your gear somewhere in a single trip, put the Backcountry Duffle on your back, grab a pannier with each hand, and you're mobile. The Backcountry Duffle uses the same double-layer construction and removable liner as our Backcountry Pannier, so it'll always be 100% waterproof even after years of exposure to abrasion and campfire sparks.
The Backcountry Duffle also includes a separate 20L Drysak bag, which can be used to keep dirty/wet items (like shoes or towels) separate from your other belongings.
Connection Strap Note: For pavement and graded road riding, virtually any kind of connection strap will work to attach this duffle to the bike. For rough, ungraded terrain or for long-distance, multi-month trips, we highly recommend the Backcountry Cinch Strap, which was designed specifically for this bag and this kind of travel. Whatever strap you choose, if you will be riding offroad, please avoid bungy cords, stretchable elastic straps, or straps with plastic side-release buckles. Even a simple cam buckle strap (like this one by DaKine) is better than elastic.
- Double-ended roll top for easy access throughout the day without having to unstrap the duffle from the bike.
- Removable interior liner made from 22oz PVC material with welded seams, for a 100% waterproof seal.
- Long external tent pole pocket (40L version only).
- Zippered mesh pocket under one beaver tail, with a removable clear map pocket under the other.
- Top panel made from 22oz PVC material for easy washing, excellent abrasion resistance, and extra water resistance.
- Double overlapping beavertail made from Ballistic Nylon for extreme abrasion resistance.
- 4 aluminum corner d-rings and a front daisy-chain for quick attachment of straps and accessories.
- Beavertail features a unique through-strap mounting system, making it an ideal spot to tuck things throughout the day without having to get inside the bag. For example, a place to put your moto jacket when it gets too hot, or a place to stash a wet rainfly when camping.
- With side compression straps, two roll tops, and a double overlapping beavertail, the duffle can be expanded and compressed significantly to accommodate different volume loads.
- Top beavertail MOLLE panel enables quick attachment/removal of MOLLE accessories such as hydration bladder, extra storage, fuel bottles, etc. Easily add additional water, fuel, or tool storage via optional MOLLE compatible accessories,.
- Quick-stash backpack straps and a padded back panel for easy carrying. One carry handle at each end and also a mid-bag briefcase carry handle too.
- Can be easily locked closed and to the bike with our Steelcore Locking Strap.
40 Liter Size:
- Length: 21" main body, 26" with misc straps (can be extended significantly with roll tops)
- Width: 16"
- Height: 10" (can be extended with beavertail)
30 Liter Size:
- Length: 18" main body, 24" with misc straps (can be extended significantly with roll tops)
- Width: 13"
- Height: 10" (can be extended with beavertail)
Weight: Approx 6.3 lbs
After much research and trying many bag systems, I ended up ordering the Backcountry 40L for my adventure bike, for a week ride I really dont need my side panniers with this bag and I can use it also to as a back rest. I can fit all my kit, tools, clothing, camera gear, extra fuel, shoes, etc. The bag is really well constructed and versatile, I am sold on the brand and quality.
Backcountry Duffle/pack is great stuff. Very good quality and full of clever add-ons!
right out of the box, the quality of the gear was evident. after inspecting the bag it was clear that a LOT of thought went into the design. how in the world did you think of all those features? kudos to your designers. love the bag and have since packed it full ready for a long term trip.
I started with the Nomad Tank bag and quickly added the 40l Duffle. These bags are awesome. I’m really loving them and can see me using them for many years to come. Thanks for such a great product
I’m very pleased with all the Mosko products I’ve purchased! however the availability of some items have left me no choice but to purchase a competitors bag! Twice now I’ve wanted to purchase an item and you were out of stock and didn’t expect to have any in stock before I left for my trips! A month or two of leeway! Frustrating! You guys missed a sale and I spent money on a bag i didn’t really want! Other then that I’m still a fan and love your products!