Backcountry 40L Duffle/Pack
The Backcountry Duffle is available in two sizes, a 40L version and a 30L version. This moto-duffle does it all: it's a duffle, a backpack, and a quick-stash spot during the day. It's a way to keep your wet jacket separate from your dry sleeping bag.It serves as a clean food prep surface next to the campfire and a convenient tool tray for roadside field repairs.
Use it as a travel bag on fly-to-ride trips (it fits the airline carry-on restrictions).If you break down, this bag has real-deal backpack straps that deploy from a hidden rear pocket, which will make your hike-out a whole lot easier. The beavertails are extremely helpful for expanding/contracting the volume of the bag, and the double-ended roll top makes it really easy to get at your belongings during the day.
Inside the beavertails there's a mesh pocket for wet/dry items (like a toothbrush), a document pocket which works great for maps, or for your bike documents and passport. The document pocket is especially helpful at border crossings where you have to stop at multiple customs offices on both sides of the border. Remove the document pocket, take it inside the customs office with you, then when you're done put it back inside the beavertail and ride over to the next office. That way you can collect all the country specific paperwork in a specific spot.
Also under the beavertail there's a special tent pole pocket so you can split your tent into its various components, making it so much easier to pack. The tent pole pocket also works great for a camp chair, fuel bottles, a fishing pole, etc.
If you need to transport your gear somewhere in a single trip, put the Backcountry Duffle on your back, grab a pannier with each hand, and you're mobile. The Backcountry Duffle uses the same double-layer construction and removable liner as our Backcountry Pannier, so it'll always be 100% waterproof even after years of exposure to abrasion and campfire sparks.
The Backcountry Duffle also includes a separate 20L Drysak bag, which can be used to keep dirty/wet items (like shoes or towels) separate from your other belongings.
Connection Strap Note: For pavement and graded road riding, virtually any kind of connection strap will work to attach this duffle to the bike. For rough, ungraded terrain or for long-distance, multi-month trips, we highly recommend the Backcountry Cinch Strap, which was designed specifically for this bag and this kind of travel. Whatever strap you choose, if you will be riding offroad, please avoid bungy cords, stretchable elastic straps, or straps with plastic side-release buckles. Even a simple cam buckle strap (like this one by DaKine) is better than elastic.
- Double-ended roll top for easy access throughout the day without having to unstrap the duffle from the bike.
- Removable interior liner made from 22oz PVC material with welded seams, for a 100% waterproof seal.
- Long external tent pole pocket (40L version only).
- Zippered mesh pocket under one beaver tail, with a removable clear map pocket under the other.
- Top panel made from 22oz PVC material for easy washing, excellent abrasion resistance, and extra water resistance.
- Double overlapping beavertail made from Ballistic Nylon for extreme abrasion resistance.
- 4 aluminum corner d-rings and a front daisy-chain for quick attachment of straps and accessories.
- Beavertail features a unique through-strap mounting system, making it an ideal spot to tuck things throughout the day without having to get inside the bag. For example, a place to put your moto jacket when it gets too hot, or a place to stash a wet rainfly when camping.
- With side compression straps, two roll tops, and a double overlapping beavertail, the duffle can be expanded and compressed significantly to accommodate different volume loads.
- Top beavertail MOLLE panel enables quick attachment/removal of MOLLE accessories such as hydration bladder, extra storage, fuel bottles, etc. Easily add additional water, fuel, or tool storage via optional MOLLE compatible accessories,.
- Quick-stash backpack straps and a padded back panel for easy carrying. One carry handle at each end and also a mid-bag briefcase carry handle too.
- Can be easily locked closed and to the bike with our Steelcore Locking Strap.
40 Liter Size:
- Length: 21" main body, 26" with misc straps (can be extended significantly with roll tops)
- Width: 16"
- Height: 10" (can be extended with beavertail)
30 Liter Size:
- Length: 18" main body, 24" with misc straps (can be extended significantly with roll tops)
- Width: 13"
- Height: 10" (can be extended with beavertail)
Weight: Approx 6.3 lbs
Very durable and well worth the money !! Looking forward to getting more gear in the near future. Thanks again. !!
Truly an exceptional product! Thoughtful design and bomb proof construction have come together beautifully in this bag. I’ve quickly come to love Mosko Moto, their products are exceptional and the plethora of YouTube videos is a great addition.
There is no better product or design in the World : period.
Service : A++++×
The Backcountry 30L Duffle was my first investment in moto luggage. It was different packing/loading double-ended pack, but I like being able to access my gear from either end. The quality is exactly what I expected - second to none! My next purchase will be the Backcountry 35L Pannier Kit.
I have ordered from the new department store in Europe to save the high transportation costs, duties and taxes that you have to pay when ordering directly in the USA. The handling was very friendly and the delivery fast.
I am impressed by the high quality. Very recommendable.